Saturday, July 2, 2016

T-Minus 3 Days (4th day of riding)

July 2nd, 2017

Savannah, GA to Yulee, FL (approx 120 miles - 210 miles if you count getting lost running afternoon errands).

The California crew is on day 8 and past the 3000 mile mark.

Creator interjection: It was pointed out to me today that some of pictures in the earlier posts were not showing up. I'll validate that later, but if if it happens agan, drop me a line. I was just checking on a single PC and of course, I have the access to see it all just fine. Anyway, let me know so this adventure is complete.

This last ride to the start of the Cannonball was going to be short. This will give a few days for repairs, relaxation, and riders meetings. With no major hiccups (knock on wood), the extra time built in can be used to get everyone reset. Not so much for me, but the Californians have had a long ride.

Knowing we had a short day, we took off from the hotel about 8:30 to make a trolley tour in historic Savannah. I highly recommend this as it lets you cruise the city first to see what you want to see, then do it again and jump off at one of the 15 stops to explore. Our driver was "Radar" and she did an awesome job.


I took bunch of photos, here are a few:










And with that, we headed south to Yulee arriving about 2 in the afternoon. We did hit a little rain, but nothing heavy enough to pull over or dig out rain gear.

But after the ride from Arkansas, I had to do some shopping. Over the last 4 days, my helmet has been deteriorating. Day on as we were pulling out, I lost some of the rubber around the top of the visor. By day 2, all rubber around the visor was gone. By day 3, I was ready to through that visor into the trash based on all the rattling and noise. It was a small disaster.

So once settled into the hotel, off to Jacksonville. There we found the nice people at Jacksonville Powersports. Good guys who hooked me up, shot me a little discount, and stayed late to get the Sena into the new helmet. Worth a stop if you need something in the area.

While running other errands around Jacksonville, we ran into some fellow Cannonballers at Cycle Gear. It was some members (Paul, Katie and a guy I didn't catch the name of) of S.O.D who are riding a reflex and a few Zumas on the trip. The are talking about getting BBQ together for the riders tomorrow. Good people looking to talk scooters and have a good time.

And that was our day.


Since I was short on pictures today, let me share a video shot by Frank from earlier in the trip:



Day 1 Bridge Ride - Beaver, AR






G'night folks.

Tomorrow is rest, a jaunt to St. Augustine, FL, and maybe some BBQ!


Remember, if you want a real time track of where we are, hit the link to Franks SPOT on the right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment