Friday, July 8, 2016

Cannonball - Day 4

July 8th 2016

Cape Girardeau, MS to Nevada, MO (340 Miles)


Today was a good day of riding.  Standings are not posted yet, but I will make sure to add the link to the results page to the links section.

Also, the lens on my Sena needed to be rotated, so the pics and video are off kilter.  Sorry.  I fixed it in the hotel tonight so this should be fine tomorrow.  

Based on the last two days, and some quick consultation of NOAA, I started off with my rain jacket.  I made the wrong decision yesterday and payed for it.  

Probably because I wore the rain gear, we started out with beautiful clear skies.



One of the highlights was Highway 32, through the Mark Twain National Forrest.  The roads were really great and very roller coastery (I know, not a word)




and very picturesque



One thing I need to check out.  We drove through Steelville, Mo, which claims to be the "Float Capitol of Missouri."  More investigation is needed.

We did loose about 15 minutes due to controlled road construction.  I took that time to take off my rain gear.  I tempted fate... where did the sun go?



But no drops fell.  

Checked into the hotel and ate dinner at Buzz BBQ in Nevada (pronounced Ne-VAY-duh).

Day 4 in the books



Tomorrow, Lincoln, Nebraska

No comments:

Post a Comment