Thursday, June 23, 2016

It's about to get real

Well here it is. It's about to start. The 2016 Scooter Cannonball Run from Fernandina Beach, FL to Mukilteo, WA (http://www.scootercannonball.com).

All on 250cc or less scooters.

This is also my first time keeping a record of this kind of thing.  Ok, so it's a blog.  Either way, I'll use it as a place to post pictures and events daily happenings.

While the actual Cannonball itself is only 11 days long, I'll be riding closer to 22 days.  The reason is that I have to get from my home in Northwest Arkansas to Florida to even start the event.  And once finished, I'll have to get from Washington back to Arkansas.  The first question from everyone who hears of this insanity is "are you going to trailer there?"  Nope, not gonna do it.  So while the Cannonball itself is approximately 3500 miles long, my planned distance for this ride is just over 7000 miles.  

The good news is that I am not performing this feat solo.  While there are currently 40 registered riders hopefully heading out of Florida, I will personally be riding with 3 others who are making this trip from Southern California.  I'm sure that more will be posted on the crew as we get down the road.

While I have been riding motorcycles on and off for most of my life, I have never ridden this far or in this kind of event and can't possibly begin to believe that I know what I'm getting into. It's about to get real.


#SCBR2016

No comments:

Post a Comment