Friday, July 22, 2016

Post Cannonball - Day 7 (24th Day of Riding)

July 21st, 2016

Independence, MO to Bella Vista, AR (194 Miles)


All repairs done, heat index low (at least at 8am) and Mike and I are off. This is the home stretch for me. And it will give Mike a few days rest before returning to California. I understand it's his wedding anniversary next week and he would be in less than poor condition if he missed that.
But I started ticking off the last few miles...


Getting closer...


Almost there...


Done...


After an hours rest, we started getting Mikes scooter ready for the return trip to California.  This meant one more rear tire change so we removed the wheel and headed down to MopedU #mopedu in Fayetteville.  This is my go to for tire swaps.  Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, we did find a bearing lose in the rear end of the red Helix, and that is a fix for tomorrow.

But this is the end of my story.  

I'm home.  Hugged my family.  The three dogs have all said "hello, we miss you, don't leave again."  All my laundry in the works.  Spent time in MY shower.  And I'm starting to feel human again.

I'll drop one last post in the next day or two to close this blog out.  I want to ponder this adventure while sitting at my desk without feeling the "oh so odd" contours of the Helix seat clouding my brain. 

Last days map:


2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys made it home safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Sclog (scooter blog - ya read it here first), Chris! Especially the scooteye view of the days I was forced to watch the world go by through an RV window! See you in 2018 or sooner. I've been wanting to Scoot the Ozarks for some time.

    gzo

    ReplyDelete